Monthly Minute + a reminder

​

Reader!

​

Welcome to another monthly minute, let's dive in.

​

ps- if you're new around here, I send out monthly minutes, which are one-minute long reads 1-2x/month, potentially more if I feel like itπŸ˜‰

We're talking about your navigation bar on your website and SEO (search engine optimization, aka getting found on Google) today.

​

At the end of this Monthly Minute, I'll also remind you about enrollment for SEO School and invite you to join the waitlist.

​

It's simple: make sure your home page is linked in your navigation.

​

Like this:

​

Taking the link to your home page out of the navigation bar and putting it on the backend of your website (a hidden page) was once a common practice.
​
​The problem: people will leave your home page and not know how to get back to it.
​
I’m sorry, what!? Doesn’t everyone know that clicking the logo in the header takes you back to the home page? Or using the back button??
​
Believe it or not, NOPE.

​

I did a survey and found out that most people have NO idea that clicking the logo takes you back to the home page.​
​
So please leave your home page link inside your navigation bar for simple and easy navigation. I promise, it’s worth keeping there and it's great for SEO β€” people won't leave your website because they're frustrated that they can't navigate around it.
​

We want ease, always.

​

Action items:

1. Check your website navigation: if you don't have your home page linked there, add it.
  2. ​Join the waitlist for SEO School: if you're interested in joining SEO School this round, I'd highly recommend getting on the waitlist. Starting next week, you'll receive SEO tips every Wednesday until waitlist enrollment opens up on the 30th of September.

​

Have a great weekend,
Lex

Check out my website: www.lexlancaster.com​

Listen to my podcast "Up In My Business"​
​My Website | Apple | Spotify | Google Podcasts​

Find me on socials & more

​

If you were forwarded this email and want to officially join my newsletter family, click here to add your name to the list! I'd love to have you. I send monthly recaps as well as any information about courses I'm running and general musings.

​Unsubscribe | Update your profile ​
​113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104

Lex Lancaster

The one-stop-shop for health and wellness entrepreneurs who are looking for done-for-you services and information on strategic planning, tech, SEO, launches, automation, websites, + more. As a part of my newsletter family, you can expect to receive monthly updates from me as well as first dibs on any course enrollments, new services, and more.

Read more from Lex Lancaster

Happy Monday, Reader and welcome to the Monday Minute! Let's talk about video hosting and where you should host your videos: Vimeo or YouTube? In short: Vimeo: unlisted videos (videos you don't want to share with the world) Youtube: public videos I use Vimeo for all private videos and videos I want to embed on a website or share a link to via an email and for anything I have behind a paywall. Why not just have "unlisted" YouTube videos, you ask? Because you have no control over the ads that...

Happy Monday, Reader and welcome to the Monday Minute! First, an announcement: The LextroMind is OFFICIALLY open for enrollment. You can submit your application by hitting the button below and heading over to the info page. If you're a brick-and-mortar business owner who wants to get started with online business, The LextroMind is the room you want to be in. 9 months of direct 1-1 support and small group coaching for both online business and tech implementation with @themovementmaestro and me...

Happy Monday, Reader and welcome to the Monday Minute! First, an announcement: For my brick-and-mortar business owners who want to launch their first online offer and get started with online business and get all of the coaching, strategy, and systems in place to do so: I'd love to invite you to join the interest list for The LextroMind! Applications will open next week. The LextroMind is an exclusive, high-touch, 9-month mentorship that I run with The Movement Maestro that combines online...